Bizarre Songs I’ve Gotten Stuck In My Head During The Past 48 Hours
- “Electric Youth” by Debbie Gibson
- The theme song to the Dr. Phil show
- “We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off” by Jermaine Stewart
- “Lord, I Lift Your Name On High,” by…whoever.
Things About Which I Am Having Issues
- My hair. It sucks, and I want to chop it all off.
- The dry air, which is causing me to shock myself on almost everything I touch, and is probably the reason why I’m hating my hair.
- My skin, because it is totally scaly and itchy and falling off, even though I’m using Dove Nutrium body wash, that Olay Moisturinse in-shower lotion stuff, AND Nivea body lotion after I shower. It’s horrible.
- My face, because it’s got the same issues as the skin everywhere else, but it’s prissier than the rest of me and so in addition to being scaly and itchy and falling off, it’s also breaking out like crazy. I may need to switch to all sensitive skin products this winter to try to calm it the fuck down.
- Foundation. I wear it daily, but in tiny, TINY amounts – just a dot or two to even out my skin tone. And I’m on like my fourteenth different brand (L’Oreal Infallible, which is, in fact, fallible) and I STILL cannot find one that doesn’t rub off on the nosepiece of my glasses all day long.
- My nose, for being extra-cranky and being both oily and dry at the same time, exacerbating the foundation/eyeglasses turf war.
Seriously, though, any guidance on the dry air/angry skin issue is more than welcome. I’m guessing no one can help me with the insane earworm songs.
11 Replies to “It’s Monday”
Any kind of Shea Butter lotion. Rocks.
I just bought that new Quench lotion by Olay or somebody (shea butter ran out). I’ll let you know how that works.
Hair: I splurged and bought some anti-static shampoo by Bliss. It seems to work, and I’ve been having good hair days lately. But it’s like 16 bucks a bottle, so when it runs out I’m probably back to Herbal Essence.
I have the song “Downtown” stuck in my head.
a certain girl i love swears by Coalface from Lush for fixing the face breakouts. i’ve been sending it to her apartment in korea every few months since she’s been there.
I think my skin’s not oily enough for Coalface. Normally, I have combination skin, but the problem right now is that it’s so very dry everywhere that my face is going nuts producing extra oil to combat the psycho dryness, and so a product for oily skin’s only going to make it worse.
I know a couple of people who might love this, though – thanks for the tip!
Though I first thought it was a bit much, I’ve grown to love baby oil gel when applied after the shower while skin’s still moist.
Cringe. I wrote moist.
once again i am reminded how much i am a boy.
(i dont know nearly that much about my own skin)
my favorite thing about coalface is calling it The Racist Soap.
and jen, yeah, baby oil is great.
oh wait, wrong conversation….
i’ll take credit for the jermaine stewart thing!
OMG I completely forgot about Lush…thanks Jim! :)
You could try angels on bare skin…
last night i had Olivia Newton John’s I Honestly Love You in my head. That’s just evil. worse than It’s a Small World.
If you haven’t done anything about the dry air thing yet, try a humidifier. My condo gets superdry and staticy (sp?) every winter but the humidifier does an awesome job of taking care of that. If you don’t want to buy one, you can ty leaving a bucket of water near a heater/heat vent and that’ll help too. I don’t find it as effective though.