I’m not going out tonight. I kind of wanted to, but I don’t know anyone to meet up with, so it’s going to be a quiet New Year’s Eve at home with my family. Probably the last one, anyway.
I’m going to copy everyone else and do a sort of Year in Review. I’m not going to do it all fancy-like, reading back through my archives and making helpful links and stuff. I’ll just make a list, good and bad. If you want to know more, you can hit the “random” link over there on the left and catch yourself up.
Stuff That Happened in 2003:
- My boss got a new job and moved to South Carolina.
- After much stress, I was promoted to her position and embarked on a 5-month whirlwind of all work and little play that’s finally beginning to pay off.
- My sister and my mom got new jobs this year, too.
- I went to: Atlanta, Virginia Beach, the mountains, and South Carolina.
- I went to band camp as a staff member.
- I reconnected with some old friends, made some new friends, and started going out more.
- I tried (in vain, really) to get dates. But I was ballsy!
- Five of our cats were poisoned and died.
- I got my family lost in the backwoods on Father’s Day.
- We had a hurricane and an earthquake.
- I changed my hair a bunch of times.
- I got a new laptop, woo!
- And last but not least, I started this little page.
Last year I made exactly one resolution, and I didn’t share it with anyone. That resolution was to make a space on the web, and start writing there regularly. I got off to a slow start, and I’ve had some ups and downs, but I’m completely thrilled with myself for sticking to it. It’s been one of the most rewarding things I’ve done. Because of this page, I’ve gotten into the habit of writing again. I’ve learned HTML. I’ve met people that I now consider friends and acquaintances. I’ve been exposed to some brilliant writing, some fascinating points of view, and some very beautiful souls.
This is the only New Year’s resolution I’ve kept, and I’m happy that I did. Thank you, all of you, for reading and for making it so worthwhile.
I’ve made a couple of goals for myself for 2004. Most of them I’m keeping to myself; I’ll let you know next year if I’ve managed to achieve them. But here’s the one I’ll share: I will move out of my parents’ house. To be safe I’ll let April be the deadline for that, but the sooner the better. It involves a lot of saving and planning and cutting back on spending – stuff I’m not good at – but it’s time. You know I’ll keep you posted.
Happy New Year, guys. I hope it’s a great one.
4 Replies to “year-end wrap-up”
that is awesome. hee.
Nice review. Perhaps I'll copy that … so much running around this holiday, seems time is limited.
happy new year doll.
this all makes me very happy.