Everyone else in the world can do these long list-type things in one entry, so why can’t I? I’m gonna try to make up for it by attacking the second half in a single entry. So, here are even more random things about me that you probably never wanted to know:
26. My second toes are longer than my big toes.
27. My musical tastes are extremely eclectic and run toward trends. One day it’s all modern rock, the next day it’s all 80s. I am currently nurturing a secret love for lite radio. “We had it all…Just like Bogey and Bacall” and other lame lite hits.
28. I dye my hair almost exactly the same color as it actually is. I know that’s weird.
29. I cannot dance without the aid of several shots of tequila.
30. I prefer Mexican booze whenever possible. Corona, anyone? Cuervo?
31. I loathe sausage. Except when it’s in little tiny bits on a pizza, and then it’s sometimes okay, but usually I have to pick at least half the little bits off the pizza before I can actually eat it. Biscuits and gravy make me wanna barf.
32. Along those lines, I eat meat, but generally not for breakfast or on pizza.
33. I am obsessed with the following shows: American Idol, Joe Millionaire, Survivor, CSI, Without a Trace, and The Sopranos (when available). Incidentally, my TV schedule right now is more full than it has been for years.
34. I have a pathological inability to keep plants alive. People at the office keep giving me plants and I always kill them within two weeks of receiving them.
Along with the plant thing- exactly once in my prior life I was doing really well with plants and had about 6 or 7 healthy little guys in my apartment in Chicago. But then my boyfriend dumped me over the phone on my birthday and that weekend I threw every plant I owned in the garbage. So.
35. I’m a huge fan of ice hockey although I’m currently too poor to go to any games.
36. I think people should do whatever the hell they want to as long as they aren’t harming someone else or bugging the crap out of someone else trying to get them to join in, and I really do mean that for most situations. Porn? Drugs? Life? Do your thing, man.
37. Just do NOT try to convert me. Thanks.
38. I think most people have children for the wrong reasons.
39. I think it’s a really bad idea to put your dog in the back of your pickup truck unless s/he is restrained in a carrier that is anchored down.
40. I curse way, way, waaaaaaay too much. WAY too much.
41. I’m terrified of train crossings.
42. I’m also afraid of bridges over large expanses of water (i.e. the Mississippi River).
43. And big things like ships and dams and enormous machinery.
44. I’m extremely non-confrontational, sometimes to the point of being ridiculous. It is an ongoing joke in my department that I spend much of the day hiding upstairs in my office and only race downstairs once or twice a day to do a quick errand. This schedule revolves around the movements of a co-worker I cannot stand.
45. I almost never answer my telephone. It’s not so much that I hate talking on the phone, because I really don’t mind it. But I hate answering the phone. So I check my VM a lot and call back.
46. I haven’t eaten fast food since I read Fast Food Nation, but I still can’t get away from occasional hot dogs. I know, they’re made of gross stuff. But man, hot dogs taste GOOD.
47. I hate teddy bears.
48. I used to be obsessed with the wonder that is Target, but then I got a second job there in order to make extra cash for Christmas this past year, and promptly grew to nearly hate the place. After quitting that loathsome job I got back some of the Target love, but I still don’t shop there nearly as often as I used to.
49. Along those lines, I DETEST Wal*Mart. Wal*Mart can see me in hell. Merely driving into a Wal*Mart parking lot sends me into delirious spasms of irritation.
I may have said this before.
50. I would like to someday be able to play bass guitar, play racquetball, and practice aikido.
And there it is! Fifty utterly random things that you, the reader, now know about me.
Tomorrow, wisdom teeth. Eek.