5 Things That Make Me Sorta Tomboyish
- I like watching sports, especially in person, and I can speak somewhat coherently about football, basketball, and hockey. Especially hockey. My dad was a goalie and I really know that game better than any other.
- And I don’t want to have a conversation while the game’s on unless it’s about the game.
- I play video games and computer games – not just girly games, but games where people get blown to bits and it’s all gory and stuff. I used to be all about some Unreal Tournament, and StarCraft.
- I read comic books. I even own some. Favorites are Preacher, The Sandman, and Watchmen, and I have read them in their entirety. Sometimes more than once.
- I know slightly more about cars and tools than the average girl. I can fix some stuff and change a tire.
5 Things That Make Me Really Girly, and Thus Negate the Cool Tomboy Factor
- If I don’t have a vested interest in either team, I will sometimes root for the team with the hottest players, or the coolest uniforms.
- I have allegedly screamed “SCORE SOME POINTS, FOR GODSSAKE” while watching a certain Cubs game. Recently.
- I never got into Sega/Playstation, and sometimes find even N64 to be too graphics-y for my tastes. Also, I really like The Sims. Like, a lot. Like, Kronk gave me an advance copy of the original Sims for my birthday and I skipped class for two days to play it.
- I have crushes on Morpheus and Jesse Custer.
- The first time I changed a tire by myself, I put every single lug nut on backward. The mechanic laughed as he helpfully informed me.
Oh yeah, and I really like pink.