I’m in bed, and at the moment am more obsessed with lists than usual. Like Annika, I’m fascinated by this stuff, and besides, I’m totally aware that I’m substituting lists for substance.
With all that said, here’s what’s on my bedside table:
- beige crackly lamp with a lampshade with leaves and flowers pressed into it
- bag of green M&Ms leftover from valentine’s day
- cordless phone (unplugged)
- purple flowered box of tissues
- vanilla mint chapstick
- purple uniball pen
- small flashlight
- travel alarm clock
- bottle of dasani water, half-empty
- bottle of “great value” water, half-empty (dude. I’m like that girl from Signs.)
- card of claritin tabs
- bottle of vitamins
- bottle of nasacort, to keep me breathing
- can of diet coke, half-empty (consumption in progress)
- bottle of johnson’s baby lotion
- rimmel lasting finish nail polish in “innocent pink”
- remote control for TV
- remote control for DVD player
- case for a mix CD
- case for the Playing By Heart soundtrack
- paper journal
- pad of post-it notes with hex codes jotted down
- pad of post-it notes with a conversation transcribed in my strange shorthand
- pamphlet for patrice leconte’s latest film, man on the train
- paperback: one hundred years of solitude
- paperback: the return of the king
- paperback: three junes
And in about five minutes, my glasses will be there too, because I am going to sleep.
7 Replies to “bedside table”
Pink Umbrella, “innocent pink” nail polish, coincidence? Yeah, it probably is.
i have bottles of dasani strens about everywhere in my apartment. i drink the stuff like water. ugh.
strens? what the fuck is strens? oh, strewn. yeah, that makes more sense.
strens. explamation point.
Dude, lists are addictive, aren't they? Also, guess what I had for a nutritonal and balanced breakfast this morning? That's right, a Pumpkin Delight. Mmm.
I love that movie (Playing By Heart). I think only like three other people have ever seen it.
LOL, the whole half empty beverage container is definitely a running motif in your life!