Because I have nothing better to write about this afternoon, I’m going to do one of those things that people do. Thanks to heidiann for it.
First job: After babysitting, my first actual job with a company was Burger King. I was the goddess of the drive-thru.
First screen name: Ladibug998. So lame that I am ashamed to type it here. I was in high school, people.
First pet: We had Reagan, a terrier mix, and Kitty, a cleverly-named white cat, before I was born.
First big trip: I think from Puerto Rico to Virginia when I was but a wee babe.
First concert: Like Heidi, it was New Kids on the Block. We were about a mile away from the stage at Fiddler’s Green in Colorado. I did not wear lace gloves, but I did scream like a complete idiot.
First CD: I don’t remember, but my first tape was Belinda Carlisle. Heaven is a place on earth, you know.
Last car ride: About an hour ago, back from our accidental 2-hour lunch at the brand-new Olive Garden in town. Yum.
Last movie watched: I think it was Bowling for Columbine, on DVD over the weekend.
Last food consumed: Soup, salad, and breadsticks.
Last time showered: 6:45 this morning, way later than I should have.
Last CD played: David Gray, A New Day at Midnight, in the car on the way to work.
Last ice cream eaten: Orange Dreamsicle, yesterday.
Last website visited: Weather Underground, because they are calling for snow.
Single or Taken: Single.
Sex: See above. Or, “girly as hell.”
Birthday: February 18, 1980. (how are these “now” questions?)
Siblings: 3 younger sisters.
Hair color: Golden brown.
Eye color: Hazel.
Shoe size: 9 and a half.
Height: 5’4″. Yeah, I know, my feet are really honkin’ big for my height.
RIGHT NOW, WHAT ARE YOU:
Wearing: Brown pants, a white tee shirt and a blue zip-up sweater I stole from Sammi.
Thinking about: I have the hiccups. And a headache.
Listening to: The space heater under my desk.
Current Mood: Headachey and too full.
Okay. Some of that didn’t make sense. But it filled space, which is the point, right?
Two other listy things. The Netflix sitting on my DVD player waiting to be watched are:
- Felicity: Season 1, Disc 3
- Lost in Translation
- Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde
Shut up, hipster readership. I felt girly at the time.
The stuff I’m reading or waiting to read:
- Currently: The Procrastinator’s Handbook
- The Four Seasons, by Mary Alice Monroe. I got this book because it’s about four sisters, which always intrigues me since I’m one of four sisters, but I’m afraid it’s going to be bad. The author has a romance author-y name and I’m just not sure about it.
- Bee Season, by Myla Goldberg. I heard about this from Madame Pierce and it piqued my interest immediately, since I’m all about the spelling bee these days.
- The Fortress of Solitude, by Jonathan Lethen. Readers at Amazon keep complaining that it’s slow, so we’ll see how it goes.
Book recommendations are welcome.