I’m in week two of the official three-week hell period. Here is what else has happened in the last several days:
- My car’s transmission failed while I was driving to work.
- A dog attacked and killed one of the cats at Family HQ while I was there.
- Jamie’s 17th birthday was Friday. We gave her a car.
- Sammi was just elected president of her sorority.
- Ginny has the flu or something.
- One of the other cats at Family HQ sliced up my hand and I’m convinced I’m going to get MRSA and die.
- The weather finally finally got chilly.
I think other things happened too.
I worked from 8:45 this morning until after 10 tonight. I don’t even know why I’m not in bed yet. I am completely exhausted, and my contacts have welded themselves to my eyeballs, and my head hurts and my tummy hurts and dear sweet God, I am so so so so so tired. And we still have a lot to do.
I am so tired that a rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond came on TV and I did not immediately dive across the room to turn the channel. This is how you know for sure that I am in a serious state of exhaustion.
I am going to bed now.