Things That Seem Like They’d Make Good Posts, But Won’t
- I am craving sushi every day all the time. I would actually go and get some sushi if I had more than $2 in the bank. I am trying not to die from my sushi cravings before Friday, when I will get paid and have money for sushi.
- I joined a book club on the internet and was insanely excited about it. I totally recognize that this makes me a dorky little old lady and that pretty soon I’ll be buying a Hoveround from QVC.
- Mom, Sammi, and I went furniture shopping last weekend and Sammi and I decided to make a game out of bouncing like kindergartners on the ugliest, plaidest sofas we could find in a successful attempt to annoy my mom into saying something funny. What she finally said, with complete Our Mom Death Stare, was, “Dead daughters don’t wear plaid.”
- Classical Baroque singing is really very different from what I’m used to, but it’s different in a way that’s mostly fun. Bonus: I have had All We Like Sheep stuck in my head for days now.
- I have now had at least three dreams about seeing Barenaked Ladies concerts in unorthodox situations (nearly-empty high school auditorium, interactive parking lot).
- My marching band alumni newsletter notes that the band “is resuming a tradition we haven’t seen for nearly two decades: a championship-caliber feature twirler….” I would just like to point out that the tradition was dead for two decades because feature twirlers are gimmicky and sucky.