Bizarre Songs I’ve Gotten Stuck In My Head During The Past 48 Hours
- “Electric Youth” by Debbie Gibson
- The theme song to the Dr. Phil show
- “We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off” by Jermaine Stewart
- “Lord, I Lift Your Name On High,” by…whoever.
Things About Which I Am Having Issues
- My hair. It sucks, and I want to chop it all off.
- The dry air, which is causing me to shock myself on almost everything I touch, and is probably the reason why I’m hating my hair.
- My skin, because it is totally scaly and itchy and falling off, even though I’m using Dove Nutrium body wash, that Olay Moisturinse in-shower lotion stuff, AND Nivea body lotion after I shower. It’s horrible.
- My face, because it’s got the same issues as the skin everywhere else, but it’s prissier than the rest of me and so in addition to being scaly and itchy and falling off, it’s also breaking out like crazy. I may need to switch to all sensitive skin products this winter to try to calm it the fuck down.
- Foundation. I wear it daily, but in tiny, TINY amounts – just a dot or two to even out my skin tone. And I’m on like my fourteenth different brand (L’Oreal Infallible, which is, in fact, fallible) and I STILL cannot find one that doesn’t rub off on the nosepiece of my glasses all day long.
- My nose, for being extra-cranky and being both oily and dry at the same time, exacerbating the foundation/eyeglasses turf war.
Seriously, though, any guidance on the dry air/angry skin issue is more than welcome. I’m guessing no one can help me with the insane earworm songs.