This has all been a clever marketing ploy.
See, we all got together and decided that y’all were taking us for granted. Getting to read each of us every single day, sometimes more than once, might be great, but eventually you’d all get used to it and you wouldn’t be wowed by our wit and candor and sparkle (such as they are) anymore. Besides, we wanted to force your attention toward others in the blogosphere, such as it is, who write regularly and deserve your attention.
Or maybe I just made all of that up and the stuff in quotation marks is actually “true.”
Those bloggers who didn’t take the time off from writing do deserve your attention, though.
- I took Monday and Tuesday off from work to catch up on some much-needed sleep and could use about 3 more days of it;
- We got TiVo yesterday, rock on;
- After my dad and I took apart my TV, found nothing wrong, and put it back together, it miraculously began working again;
- But then the lightbulb in my room blew out and I still haven’t fixed it;
- I got a flu shot today for the first time and am afraid I might die.
Also, I’m wondering about aerosol spray deodorant/antiperspirant. Is it dorky? I wonder this because, when applying Degree to my pristine underarm region the other day, the entire chunk of solid DO somehow flew out of the plastic case and across the room, bouncing off a shoe and two CDs in the process. I guess I’m really diligent about wetness and odor protection.
So I had to borrow my sister’s spray-on Dove deodorant, and the lovely powder-ish scent stayed with me all day, so I’m thinking about switching to the aerosol stuff, but seriously, is there something tacky and/or unsexy about it? Because if there is, I’d rather stick with the solid I’ve been using for years. I have enough trouble getting dates as it is – I’d hate to scare someone away with a spray can of Secret.
Although maybe there’s something tacky and/or unsexy about writing an entry half-devoted to deodorant. And perhaps I’m scaring people away that way.
No. Wait. Come back.